To help his patients achieve vibrant smiles, Dr. Charles Park offers a variety of options, including general dentistry procedures such as cleanings, examinations, and extractions. He also specializes in cosmetic dentistry options including crowns, dental implants, bridges, veneers, bonding, and whitening treatments. Dr. Charles Park is committed to providing all patients with the best care while making sure they understand their choices through proper education. Whether you need urgent care or preventative care or just want to schedule your next appointment for general dentistry or cosmetic dentistry, stop by 1699 Dental Implant & Emergency in Vallejo
Affordable Root Canal Treatment :
We offer affordable root canal treatment, also known as root canal therapy. This procedure can save your tooth by removing the infected tooth pulp. The infected tooth pulp is the living tissue, blood vessels, and nerves inside your tooth.
When Do You Need Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy is a treatment for infection in the pulp of teeth. The pulp is the soft tissue inside your teeth. This therapy takes place in your dentist’s office. You will be given medicine to numb your tooth or jaw before this procedure. Your tooth will be cleaned out with special tools to prevent further infection. Then your tooth will be filled to prevent further damage.
What Happens During a Root Canal Procedure?
Dr. Charles Park will numb your tooth to make treatment painless. Then he completes the steps below.
- Opening into the root canal on the biting surface of the tooth.
- X-rays and pictures are used with special root canal instruments to remove the infected pulp deep into the roots.
- Reshape the pulp chamber and canals with a root canal procedure.
- Disinfect the tooth before the procedure
- Recement the tooth as needed
- Seal the tooth and remove any infection
- After the procedure, cover it with a crown for protection
What Can You Expect After Root Canal Treatment?
Discomfort: You can use some mild over the counter pain relievers if you experience discomfort, which most people do. It will improve during the next few days.
Caring for your tooth : Caring for your teeth is one of the most important things you should do every day. Eat soft foods for the rest of the day. Avoid chewing hard or crunchy foods. Brush and floss Gently .
Follow-up appointment : Dr. Charles Park will schedule your follow-up appointment to ensure your tooth is healing progressively.
Dr. Charles Park makes the root canal process quick and painless. Schedule a follow-up appointment today to know our fee guide for affordable treatment prices.
Affordable Dental Fillings :
Dental fillings are affordable options that restore a tooth’s size and shape. You can trust Dr. Charles Park to use white composite fillings.
What Are Composite Fillings?
Dentist Dr. Charles Park selects a shade of composite that matches your natural tooth color, so when you laugh or smile broadly, people won’t notice your fillings.
What Are the Advantages of White Fillings?
There are many advantages to white composite fillings:
- They blend with your teeth and look natural.
- Increased strength and longevity.
- protect teeth from extreme hot or cold temperatures and minimize sensitivity.
What Is the Process for Composite Fillings?
A composite filling is made of powdered resin mixed with an adhesive that requires more time and skill than amalgam (silver) fillings. Dr. Charles Park completes the composite process by keeping your tooth dry throughout, and he uses these steps:
- Numb your tooth
- Remove decay
- Clean your tooth
- For deep decay, line the tooth with composite filling to protect the nerve and prevent sensitivity.
- Fill cavities by applying tooth-colored composite in layers
- Shape and trim the composite
- Polish your tooth
What Can You Expect After Getting Composite Fillings?
Discomfort : Your tooth is sensitive. Heat or cold will cause discomfort. Symptoms will progressively decrease over the next week.
Caring for your tooth : You can resume your regular diet within a few hours after receiving care. Brush and floss your teeth regularly to care for your teeth.
Follow-up appointments : You won’t need special follow-up appointments. Keep your regularly scheduled dental cleaning and exam appointments.
Affordable Dental Bridge :
A dental bridge is a series of dental crowns that connect in your mouth and help replace one or more missing teeth. A bridge that goes over your teeth is held in place by abutments on either side, covered by false tooth crowns. This type of bridge is good for people who want a stronger and more natural-looking smile. If you have multiple missing teeth in a row, you may be a candidate for an implant-supported bridge.
- Appearance of your smile and tooth function will be restored
- genuine and exquisite if placed by a trained cosmetic dentist
- Dental bridges can be fixed faster than dental implants.
- Dental bridges are more affordable than dental implants.
Disadvantages of a Dental Bridge
- Before you can have a dental bridge, you’ll have to remove the teeth on either side.
- Any existing crowns adjacent to the missing tooth must be removed for a successful dental bridge.
- Dental implants have a much longer lifespan than dental bridges.
Dental Bridge Process :
The dental bridge process includes these steps:
- Reshape the natural teeth next to the missing one(s) so dental bridge crowns will fit over them.
- Take impressions with our digital dental scanner to make a model of your final bridge.
- Place a dental bridge for you to wear until a permanent solution is crafted by a ceramist.
- Dr. Charles Park will cement the bridge into place when you are sure it fits correctly.
What Can You Expect After Getting a Dental Bridge?
Discomfort : Your dental bridge will feel more stable and solid without any discomfort. You can manage discomfort with an over-the-counter pain reliever. Most of the soreness will improve in a few days. But it takes a few weeks for your gums to heal completely. Also, it takes about two weeks to adjust to the feel of the dental bridge in your mouth.
Using special impression material: Our dentist will take an impression of your teeth to create a model of your final bridge before your new permanent teeth are placed.
Caring for your bridge : To care for your bridge, eat a soft diet for about a week, and progressively eat foods that require more chewing. Avoid hot, cold, sticky, and crunchy foods. Regularly brush and floss your teeth.
Follow-up appointments : Dr. Charles Park will check the dental bridge in follow up appointments to ensure you are healing well and your bite is comfortable.
Affordable Complete Dentures :
Dr. Charles Park offers high-quality, affordable dentures that fit well and look natural. For patients who need to replace all upper or lower teeth, he offers complete dentures. The base of a denture is acrylic that has embedded artificial teeth inserted.
Dentures can improve your quality of life in several important ways when all your teeth are missing.
- Dentures makes it easy to eat, chew, and digest food
- Gives you a better smile
- Your denture will be virtually invisible and minimize embarrassing situations with your socializing.
- Denture Implants Restorations will help restore your facial appearance.
Denture Disadvantages :
Permanent dentures have many advantages, but they have a few disadvantages as well.
- Dentures rest directly on your gums and can be uncomfortable after time.
- Jawbone shrinkage occurs when a denture does not stimulate bone.
- Implant-supported dentures last longer than removable dentures.
What Is the Denture Process?
Your dentures from Dr. Charles Park fit well and don’t have an unnatural appearance. He will ensure they complement your lips and features to achieve a great fitting denture. The steps include:
Extract teeth as needed : Sometimes, you need to have teeth extracted before getting dentures. And the healing time after extraction is about six to eight weeks. Dr. Charles Park will explain which option is best for you.
Preliminary impressions : We must ensure your dentures are stable and secure, so we will use impressions of your mouth to gather details of your arch and help us make a customized tray for a comfortable fit. Dr.Charles Park may be able to use your existing denture to make an impression if necessary.
Custom tray : Dr.Charles Park places an impression material in the custom tray to mold a highly accurate impression of your mouth.
Wax model : Your wax model will allow you to closely examine and try on a wax model of your denture. It is a preview of how your new smile will look and feel. If you are hesitant about the look or feel of the wax model, Dr. Charles Park can change or remake it.
Final denture : Our ceramist works closely with Dr. Charles Park to ensure the final denture has the brightest color, best symmetry, and highest longevity.
You will smile with confidence after your final denture is fitted.
What Can You Expect After Getting a Denture?
Discomfort : You may experience some discomfort for the next two weeks as your mouth adjusts to the denture. The adjustment period is usually shorter if you had recent tooth extractions.
Eating and speaking : You will adjust to eating and speaking with your denture the more you wear it.
Caring for your denture : Try to wear your denture at least 12 hours each day. When you remove it nightly, clean it with a denture cleaner, with a denture brush or soft toothbrush.
Follow-up appointments : Your follow-up appointments with Dr. Charles Park will ensure your gums are healthy, your denture fits well, and your bite is aligned.
See our fee guide for affordable dental implants and denture options. If interested in implant supported dentures, we can help you too.
Affordable Partial Dentures :
You need fewer teeth when you have a partial denture. It’s an alternative to dental implants, which are much more expensive. But don’t worry. Your partial denture will look good. It will have natural-looking teeth set in a gum-colored base that clasps onto tooth roots or other teeth. You’ll even be able to smile with it. Dr. Charles Park has always made getting affordable dental care his top priority. That’s why he works hard to offer the best partial dentures on the market.
What Are the Advantages of a Partial Denture?
Partial dentures include advantages such as
- A partial denture will keep your smile complete
- Prevents nearby teeth from shifting when one tooth is missing.
- Chewing becomes easier
- A partial denture makes it easier to pronounce words.
What Are the Disadvantages of a Partial Denture?
You’d be surprised to know that having a partial denture is better than leaving a space from a missing tooth. But some disadvantages include:
- Clasps around adjacent teeth can be uncomfortable, even damaging them.
- The Partial Denture is not as effective as a dental bridge or implant.
- A partial denture can last for twenty years, but it has to be replaced every five to seven years to maintain proper fit and appearance.
What Is the Partial Denture Process?
Dr. Charles Park will check your partial denture to see if it fits well and is comfortable in your mouth. He will do the following:
- Take impressions of your teeth for a secure fit.
- Evaluate your bite and arch.
- Determine the clasp design on the partial denture first.
- Use a wax try-in to verify the fit, bite, and surface of your partial denture during the early stages of production.
- Send your partial denture instructions to the lab.
- Before putting the denture in your mouth, clasp it onto your teeth to ensure it fits well and looks great.
What Can You Expect After Getting a Partial Denture?
Your partial denture should feel more comfortable after your adjustment period.
Discomfort : You’ll feel some discomfort as your mouth adjusts to the appliance.
Eating and Speaking : It is important to wear the partial denture most of the time during the adjustment period. Follow Dr. Charles Park’s instructions for wearing and removing it.
Caring for your denture : Your denture will last longer when you take good care of it. Remove it nightly to allow your gums to rest and rinse your mouth after meals. Clean it with a denture cleaner, a denture brush, or a soft toothbrush.
Follow-up appointments : Dr. Charles Park will call you for a follow up appointment to check your gums, adjacent teeth, and partial denture. He will adjust the partial as needed.
Dr. Charles Park’s priority is your oral health and well-being. As your primary care provider for dentistry, he will be your strongest advocate for better oral health.
Schedule a Consultation :
Schedule an appointment to know more about General Dentistry. Dr. Charles Park has advanced training and experience in general dentistry and can explain your treatment options.
Call us at 972 423 6804, or 972 423 6805 to know more about the surgery or visit our website for more information.
Schedule a Consultation
It just takes a few minutes to sign up and get fast, easy access to care, 24/7. No need for your insurance card yet.